- SRK turned 56 today
- The actor has delivered some iconic dialogues over the years
- The list has lines from Om Shanti Om, DDLJ and other films
“Hum ek baar jeete hai, ek baar marte hai, shaadi bhi ek baar hoti hai…Aur pyaar bhi ek baar hota hai.” This dialogue needs no explanation. It would be a crime if we do. Isn’t it? And, now we are thinking to write a petition to crown Shah Rukh Khan – the king of dialogues. What an idea, agree? The megastar, who has been ruling the cine world with his charismatic aura for almost three decades, turns 56 today. Shah Rukh Khan made his Bollywood debut in 1992 with Deewana and the rest is history. Though we agree that you don’t need a day to celebrate the actor and his work. But who would mind if we plan to revisit some of his memorable dialogues? Anyone? Well, let us do it then.
To mark the day, we have picked some of his best dialogues. Take a look:
1. Can’t help but start with this one from the evergreen film Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. “Koi baat nahi, Senorita…Koi baat nahi…Bade bade desho main, aisi choti choti baatein hoti rehti hai.”
2. This one from the film Kal Ho Naa Ho though us the importance of time and its meaning.
“Aaj…aaj ek hasi aur baant loon, aaj ek dua aur maang loon, Aaj ek aansoo aur pee loon, aaj ek zindagi aur jee loon… Aaj ek sapna aur dekh loon… Aaj… Kya pata kal ho na ho.”
3. We all must have used these lines from Om Shaanti Om at some point in our lives. “Hindi filmon ki tarah, life mein bhi, ant mein sab kuch theek ho jaata hai. Aur agar na ho, toh woh anth nahi hai…picture abhi baaki hai mere doston.”
4. From dance sequences to elaborate sets to dialogues, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Devdas checked all boxes. This one is our favourite. “Babuji ne kaha gaon chhod do…Sab ne kaha Paro ko chhod do…Paro ne kaha sharab chhod do…Aaj tumne keh diya haweli chhod do…Ek din aayega jab woh kahenge, duniya hi chhod do.”
5. Words fall short to describe what Kuch Kuch Hote Hai means to all the movie lovers out there. The film taught us, “Pyaar dosti hain.” Take a look at the full dialogue, “Pyaar dosti hai. Agar woh meri sabse achi dost nahi ban sakti toh main usse kabhi pyaar kar hi nahi sakta. Kyunki dosti bina toh pyaar hota hi nahi.”
6. Who can forget SRK’s Raj in this cute romantic film? And, this line, “Yaad rakhna Priya ki duniya ke kisi kone mein koi khush hai, kyun ki tum khush ho.
7. Another memorable one from the film Om Shanti Om.“Kehte hain agar kisi cheez ko dil se chaho, toh puri kainaat useh tumse milane ki koshish mein lag jaati hai.”
8. Remember Shah Rukh Khan as coach Kabir Khan in Chak De India? The first thing that comes to our mind is his “sattar minute” dialogue. Check it here: “Sattar(70) Minute, sattar min hai tumhare paas. Shayad yeh.. tumhare zindagi ke sab se… khaas sattar minute.”
9.And, Shah Rukh Khan once again proved why is he called the king of romance with his performance in My Name Is Khan. “Mujhe darr toh bahut si cheezon se lagta hai… par sabse zyada darr tumhe kho dene ke khayal se lagta hai.”
10. Let us end it on a high-note with this fine piece from Baazigar. “Kabhi kabhi jeetne ke liye kuch haarna padta hai. Aur haar ke jeetne waale ko Baazigar kehte hai.”
Happy Birthday, Shah Rukh Khan.